A Best of Breed Cyber Security CompanyAbout Us
Multiple Layers for the best Cyber Security Available
Why Choose Us?
IronTech Security is a cybersecurity company for water utilities and lawyers. For 20+ years, we have been providing IT services to water utilities, manufacturers, law firms, accounting firms, and other businesses. We formed IronTech to be dedicated to the water utility and law cybersecurity industry, and have been serving these industries for a large portion of those 20+ years.
We offer a Best of Breed or “ad hoc” security strategy with numerous vendors and an abundance of different security solutions. This means that we can provide a more comprehensive security posture than a single vendor, vertically integrated security stack.
By working within an organization’s budget and culture, we build a solution based on best of breed controls, defensive tactics, policies, and procedures that will protect any size business from any size threat.
Years of Experience
Meet The Team
CEO & Founder
Tom brings more than three decades of software design, network administration, and cybersecurity knowledge to organizaions around the country. During his career, Tom has received multiple software design awards and founded other acclaimed technology businesses. He is an active member of the FBI’s Arkansas InfraGard Chapter and frequently speaks about the latest in security threats.
Matt Caswell, President of IronTech Security has over 25 years of experience in sales and account management. A lifelong computer enthusiast, Matt has worked in the technology world for over 20 years and has years of cybersecurity research under his belt. Matt is passionate about protecting organizations and assuring they are secure. In addition, Matt is an experienced public speaker and presenter. In his free time, Matt enjoys boating and golfing.
Kindsey Haynes, the Marketing Director of IronTech Security, has extensive experience in the information technology world as well as experience in sales and management. Kindsey oversees the marketing department while evaluating and developing marketing strategies, she is passionate about educating the word of cybersecurity and the risks organizaions face. Kindsey graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration – Marketing, in the Spring of 2020 from the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith.
Our Command Center Orchestration Helps To Address ALL of These Crucial Topics
IronTech takes Best of Breed products, policies, frameworks, philosophies, and systems, ensures their compatibility and builds client solutions for each unique environment.
- Do you receive continuous security training?
- Are you offered tools to manage passwords, with the ability to share them amongst colleagues?
- Do they have advanced security tools beyond just anti-virus, such as Security
- Information & Event Management (SIEM) or Managed Endpoint Detect & Response (MEDR)?
- Do they manage Windows patches including maintenance downtime scheduling?
- Do they require multi-factor authentication for sensitive company network or remote desktop access?
- Do they frequently inform you of industry and security issues directly related to the life of your business?
- Do they have real time chat for quick help?
- Do they answer their phones “live” and respond to critical issues in 1 hour or less?
- Are they remotely monitoring your network 24/7/365 for hardware, connectivity, or other equipment failures?
- Do they have continuous security monitoring and response?
- Do they INSIST on monitoring backups, or are they relying on a “hope it is there if I need it” way of protecting YOUR data?
- Do they document your network hardware and software licenses and provide you access?
- Does your current IT provider have these products,
services, and procedures?
- Do they consistently (and proactively) offer new ways to improve your network’s performance, or do they wait until you have a problem to make recommendations?
- Do they explain what they are doing and answer your questions in terms that you can understand (not geek-speak)?
- Do they complete projects on time and on budget, or does every project end up taking longer and costing more than you expected?
- Do you have to manage their progress on projects, or do they provide frequent updates, status reports, and follow-up calls and e-mails?
- Do they offer flat-rate project quotes, or do they give themselves a wide-open
playing field with “time and materials”?
- Are they genuinely happy & passionate about their job?
- Do they periodically meet with you to keep you informed of everything that is going on, along with new ideas and new technologies?
- Do they welcome feedback and suggestions?
- Do they help you create a security first environment?
- Do they act as a liaison between other software vendors or simply finger point and say “it’s not my problem”?
- Do they consider all your company’s cultures and goals in recommending IT products and services?